Category: Automated Controllers
BECSysBW filter system backwash controls provide automatic backwash control of up to 16 sand filters, continuously monitoring and controlling system pressures, system flow rate, and backwash holding tank levels.
- All system inputs feature high/low alarm settings, and are recorded in integral data logs.
- Optional flow rate sensor
- Two assignable digital inputs, can be used for measuring:
- Surge Tank Level
- Backwash Tank Level
- Three assignable inputs, configurable as 4-20mA or digital inputs, can be used for measuring:
- Strainer Vacuum
- Filter Influent Pressure
- Surge Tank Level
- Pump Effluent Pressure
- Filter Effluent Pressure
- Backwash Tank Level
- 14 line x 40 character backlit LCD, with front-panel contrast adjustment and automatic temperature compensation
- Single-touch access to Set Points, Relay Modes, Calibrations, Backwash status and settings, Menu access, and Reset Fail/Safes.
- Optional BECSys Control Supervisor 8.4” color touch-screen display interface
- Flow: Display and log System Flow, maintaining a total flow volume; Low Flow alarm can disable chemical feeds.
- Heater: Backwash Fireman Cycle feature and minimum flow rate set point (inhibits heater if flow rate drops below set point).
- Enzyme: Programmable daily timed feed with start and end time, feed duration, and multiple feeds per day.
- Polymer: Programmable for daily timed feed or feed-down control based upon turbidity reading and set point.
- Backwash Tank monitoring: monitor, display and data log backwash tank level
- Surge Tank monitoring: monitor, display and data log surge tank level
- Autofill: control water makeup valve to maintain pool level setpoint based upon surge tank (or equivalent) level, with a programmable alternate set point.
- Sensor wash: programmable sensor wash with start and end time, feed duration, and multiple cycles per day.
Main Recirculation Pump Control Functions
- On/Off Control: Based upon various sensors and settings such as low surge tank level, strainer high vacuum, Emergency Off, and Fireman Switch settings.
- TDH: Monitor pump Total Dynamic Head (TDH) with user settable high/low alarm settings.
- VFD: Variable Frequency Drive interface to control recirculation pump drive level to maintain flow rate or fixed setting. Four Manually-triggered and Four Scheduled alternate profiles are user programmable.
Sand Filter Backwash (BW) Control Functions
- Initiation: Programmable based upon time, pressure differential, system flow, flow volume, turbidity, or Manual.
- Standard Operation: Features include a settable Inhibit period, BW Frequency Failsafe, Fireman Cycles, Primary/Priority Valve management, alternating lead filter, BW duration, and dwell time between filters.
- BW Holding Tank Management: Monitor the backwash holding tank to prevent overflow. Automatically suspend backwash when tank is full, and resume when empty, keeping track of the cumulative backwash time.
- Advanced Optimization: Accessory relay can be programmed for wide range of options, such as dechlorination in the BW holding tank. Save water by ending a filter backwash early when desired turbidity level reached.
- Mechanical Relays: Six (6) standard mechanical relay outputs, supports up to 4 sand filters.
- Additional Relays: Fifteen (15) additional solid-state relay or mechanical outputs with addition of up to 3 BECSys SRX or MRX relay expansion modules, supports up to a total of 16 sand filters.
- 4-20mA Outputs: Eight (8) optional separately isolated 4-20mA analog outputs, which can be configured to record any enabled input, or for VFD control of recirculation pump.
- Manual-On Limit: built-in limits automatically return manual overrides to automatic control, to prevent accidentally leaving relays activated following service/troubleshooting efforts.
- High/Low Alarm Settings: Programmable high and low alarm settings for all inputs.
- Emergency Off: Front-panel Emergency Off button immediately halts all control outputs; can be password protected.
- Internal Safety Shield: Prevents access to high voltage circuitry or wiring during fuse replacement.
- System Security
- Three levels of security access codes – Operator (6), Manager (2), and Rep (1).
- Data logs record history of access identified by user.
- Data logs maintained in battery protected RAM
- Log up to 10 to 56 days of input level history (every 2 to 10 minutes)
- Log up to 1100 system events over a maximum of 14 days (for example, feed cycles or alarms)
Remote Access and Alarm Notification
- BECSys for Windows Windows7-compatible PC software package included
- 100 BaseT Ethernet (standard): supports Email and Text message alarm notifications
- Wi-Fi compatibility with optional BECSys Wi-Fi module
- Optional MODBUS TCP/IP interface, operates concurrently with BECSys for WIndows
- Optional 56k data modem: supports Numeric Pager alarm notifications
- Optional Ethernet with 56k fax/data modem: supports Email, Text message, Fax and Numeric Pager notifications
- NSF: NSF Certified and Listed to NSF/ANSI Standard 50
- USA: ETL Listed ANSI/UL 61010-1
- Canada: ETL Listed CAN/CSA C22.2 #61010-1
- Europe/CE: CENELEC EN 61010-1, European Community Low Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- FCC part 15 sub part B: Radio frequency devices, unintentional radiators
- EN 61326: EMC requirements for measurement and control equipment
- European Community EMC Directive 89/336/EEC
- 5 years electronics; 1 year optional sensors