BECSys7 Total Equipment Room Controller
Equipment Room, Automated Controllers
BECSys7 equipment-room controls provide continuous monitoring and control of sanitizers, oxidizers, pH, conductivity, turbidity, polymer feed, enzyme feed, system flow rate, system pressures, chemical inventory levels, and surge tank and backwash holding tank levels.
The BECSys7 can provide automatic filter backwash for up to 16 filters. Patent-pending VFD control technology and Total Dynamic Head monitoring assures optimal and efficient circulation pump operation. Indoor facilities will benefit from the BECSys7’s ability to monitor combined chlorine levels.
Email and Text Message Alarm Notifications are supported by the standard integral 100BaseT Ethernet connection, and integration with Wi-Fi networks is supported with the optional BECSys Wi-Fi module. All inputs and system events are recorded in on-board data logs, accessible with BECSys for Windows Windows 7 compatible PC software, which is included with every BECSys7. The BECSys Now! App for IOS (iPhone) and Android smartphones provides convenient 24/7 access to the BECSys7 status.
Advanced safety features and multi-level security are standard, and every BECSys7 comes complete with pH, ORP, temperature sensors, flow switch, machined flow cell, and factory-trained start-up and support provided by local distribution.
The BECSys7 flow cell can be pre-assembled at the factory and mounted with the controller on a back panel for convenient installation. In this configuration a lightweight PVC mounting frame is easily leveled and installed on the wall. The back panel assembly is then hung on the mounting frame through 4 teardrop holes. Tighten the four bolts, make plumbing and electrical connections and installation is complete.
For the most convenient installation, in addition to pre-assembly of the flow cell at the factory, the BECSys7 can be pre-programmed to the specific configuration of an installation. In this configuration, there is a separate wiring box for all high-voltage field wiring. Configuration-specific wiring diagrams are created for the installation based upon a Configuration Specification submitted at time of order.
- All system inputs feature high/low alarm settings, and are recorded in integral data logs.
- BECSys pH sensor featuring inorganic electrolyte for extended sensor life
- BECSys ORP sensor featuring inorganic electrolyte and solid platinum (or gold) sensing element
- RTD temperature sensor
- Optional flow rate sensor
- Optional free chlorine sensor
- Optional combined chlorine system
- Includes total chlorine and free chlorine sensors, with high and low alarm settings
- Derives combined chlorine, with high alarm setting, from total chlorine and free chlorine readings
- Values recorded in internal data logs
- Control options include UV turndown feature and interface to air handling systems
- Optional conductivity sensor used to measure Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Up to eight (8) configurable 4-20mA inputs used for measuring:
- pH Liquid Chemical Inventory
- Strainer Vacuum
- Pump Effluent Pressure
- Chlorine Liquid Chemical Inventory
- Surge Tank Level
- Filter Influent Pressure
- Filter Effluent Pressure
- Backwash Tank Level
- 14 line x 40 character backlit LCD, with front-panel contrast adjustment and automatic temperature compensation
- Single-touch access to Set Points, Relay Modes, Calibrations, Backwash status and settings, Menu access, and Reset Fail/Safes.
- Optional BECSys Control Supervisor color touch-screen display interface
- NSF: NSF Certified and Listed to NSF/ANSI Standard 50
- USA: ETL Listed ANSI/UL 61010-1
- Canada: ETL Listed CAN/CSA C22.2 #61010-1
- Europe/CE: CENELEC EN 61010-1
European Community Low Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- FCC part 15 sub part B: Radio frequency devices, unintentional radiators
- EN 61326: EMC requirements for measurement and control equipment
- European Community EMC Directive 89/336/EEC
Water Chemistry Control Functions
- pH: Configurable for feed-up, feed-down, or dual feed, and either ON/OFF or Time-Based Proportional feed.
- Sanitizer: Based on ORP input, free chlorine input, or bracketed combination of the two
- Sanitizer Booster: Selectable trigger setpoint and separate ending set point.
- Ozone: Feed-up based upon ORP and/or ppm set points, with Fireman Cycle feature and Energy Conservation mode.
- Superchlorination: Manually-triggered feed-up superchlorination set point, based upon ORP or ppm.
- Dechlorination: Feed-down control of dechlorination agent.
- LSI & RSI: Langelier Saturation Index and Ryzner Saturation Index, computed based upon current inputs and Ca Hardness and Alkalinity entered by operator.
Expanded Control Functions
- UV (Combined Chlorine) Control: Programmable combined chlorine set point; BECSys7 will activate a relay to turn down UV system when combined chlorine reading is below set point.
- Flow: Display and log System Flow, maintaining a total flow volume; Low Flow alarm can disable chemical feeds.
- Heater: On/off control of heater with Fireman Cycle feature, Energy Conservation mode and minimum flow rate set point (inhibits heater if flow rate drops below set point).
- TDS: Feed-down control of drain valve, with programmable fail-safe timer.
- Enzyme: Programmable daily timed feed with start and end time, feed duration, and multiple feeds per day.
- Polymer: Programmable for daily timed feed or feed-down control based upon turbidity reading and set point.
- Liquid Chemical Inventory: monitor, display and data log chemical inventories with low alarm settings
- Backwash Tank monitoring: monitor, display and data log backwash tank level
- Surge Tank monitoring: monitor, display and data log surge tank level
- Autofill: control water makeup valves to maintain pool level setpoint based upon surge tank (or equivalent) level, with a programmable alternate set point.
- Sensor wash: programmable sensor wash with start and end time, feed duration, and multiple cycles per day.
Energy Conservation Control Functions
- Alternate Setpoints: Run the pool at less demanding levels during periods of low usage.
- Energy Conservation Mode: Program a “Sleep” mode which suspends mechanical and chemical functions during off-hours, “waking” periodically to keep water quality in check.
- Main Recirculation Pump Control Functions
- On/Off Control: Based upon various sensors and settings such as Low surge tank level, strainer high vacuum, Energy Conservation mode, Emergency Off, and Fireman Switch settings.
- TDH: Monitor pump Total Dynamic Head (TDH) with user settable high/low alarm settings.
- VFD: Variable Frequency Drive interface to control recirculation pump drive level to maintain flow rate, effluent pressure, or fixed setting. Four Manually-triggered and Four Scheduled alternate profiles are user programmable.
Filter Backwash (BW) Control Functions
- Initiation: Programmable based upon time, pressure differential, system flow, flow volume, turbidity, or Manual.
- Standard Operation: Features include a settable Inhibit period, BW Frequency Failsafe, Fireman Cycles, Primary/Priority Valve management, alternating lead filter, BW duration, and dwell time between filters.
- BW Holding Tank Management: Monitor the backwash holding tank to prevent overflow. Automatically suspend backwash when tank is full, and resume when empty, keeping track of the cumulative backwash time.
- BW Lockout Management: Multiple BECSys7s and/or BECSysBWs coordinate to prevent more than one system from backwashing at the same time.
- Advanced Optimization: Accessory relay can be programmed for wide range of options, such as dechlorination in the BW holding tank. Save water by ending a filter backwash early when desired turbidity level reached.
- Solid-State Relays: Four (4) standard solid-state relay outputs
- Mechanical Relays: Five (5) standard mechanical relay outputs; One 8A and Four 3A
- Additional Relays: Fifteen (15) additional solid-state relay or mechanical outputs with addition of up to 3 BECSys SRX or MRX relay expansion modules
- 4-20mA Outputs: Eight (8) optional separately isolated 4-20mA analog outputs, which can be configured to record any enabled input, or for VFD control of recirculation pump.
- Manual-On Limit: built-in limits automatically return manual overrides to automatic control, to prevent accidentally leaving relays activated following service/troubleshooting efforts.
- High/Low Alarm Settings & Control Lockouts: Programmable high and low alarm settings for all inputs, and programmable lockout of sanitizer feed upon pH high or low alarm.
- No Flow Alarm & Flow Restored Delay: Assures sensors are monitoring an actively circulating water stream, with programmable control lockout following no-flow conditions.
- Feed Limit Alarms: Programmable fail-safes to prevent overfeeds due to equipment or systems failures.
- Emergency Off: Front-panel Emergency Off button immediately halts all chemical feeds and control outputs; can be password protected.
- Internal Safety Shield: Prevents access to high voltage circuitry or wiring during fuse replacement.
- Three levels of security access codes – Operator (6), Manager (2), and Rep (1).
- Data logs record history of access identified by user.
- Data logs maintained in battery protected RAM
- Log up to 10 to 56 days of input level history (every 2 to 10 minutes)
- Log up to 1100 system events over a maximum of 14 days (for example, feed cycles or alarms)
Remote Access and Alarm Notification
- BECSys for Windows Windows™ 7 compatible PC software package included
- 100 BaseT Ethernet (standard): supports Email and Text message alarm notifications
- BECSys Now! App for IOS (iPhone) and Android smartphones
- Wi-Fi compatibility with optional BECSys Wi-Fi module
- Optional MODBUS TCP/IP interface, operates concurrently with BECSys for WIndows
- Optional 56k data modem: supports Numeric Pager alarm notifications
- Optional Ethernet with 56k fax/data modem: supports Email, Text message, Fax and Numeric Pager notifications
- Round PVC flow cell with pressure gauge, sample tap, and two ball valves for cell isolation (standard)
- Feed-through (rectangular) Teflon flow cell with pressure gauge, sample tap and two ball valve for cell isolation
- Two flow switch options:
- Reed flow switch (standard)
- Rotary flow switch with inline check-valve
- 5 years electronics; 2 years pH, ORP and temperature sensors; 1 year optional sensors and flow cell
BECSys7 Quick Ref
BECSys7 Operation and Maintenance Manual
BECSys7 Data Sheet
BECSys7 Sales Brochure